Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Tropical Tunic

Article about: Hello all, I've been watching an auction online and have made several posts about some of the items listed as a lot of things have caught my eye Apparently I've found a new love for tropical

Default Luftwaffe Tropical Tunic

Hello all, I've been watching an auction online and have made several posts about some of the items listed as a lot of things have caught my eye Apparently I've found a new love for tropical tunics that I didn't know I had until a few days ago haha. This one looks OK to me but im far from being an expert so would like to get some other opinions on it. Looks like the later pattern tropical tunic to me but again I could be mistaken as the 2 reference books I own don't delve into tropical tunics. Any and all opinions and information is welcomed and appreicated as always!

Luftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical TunicLuftwaffe Tropical Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Tropical Tunic
    P
    Many

It does look like a good one, I think there is only about 24 hours or so left on the auction too..... hope it doesn't go too high....

Good luck with your bids

Bob

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    It does look like a good one, I think there is only about 24 hours or so left on the auction too..... hope it doesn't go too high....

Good luck with your bids

Bob
    Thanks for the reply! stitching on the breast insignia look ok? I see new patterns that I haven't seen before every day so just want to make sure!

?

From Bob’s post, it seems I may be too late for useful advice...
    All I will say is, I hope you got it CH!
    Looks really nice. You’re quite right, there’s certainly something very appealing about tropical tunics.

The Luftwaffe tropical tunic remained unchanged throughout its production (unlike the Army’s three variations in pocket configuration), with only occasional manufacturing variations, such as a two piece lower pocket panel with vertical, central seam (a purely economical measure to use up off-cut cloth).
    The most distinguishing feature of the Luftwaffe types (in tan, blue and green), is the false ‘French cuff’ you see here. It has a deep, but false, turn back and is split at the rear seam, with a concealed button closure.
    The Heer tropical and denim tunics have a more conventional split cuff, however, per their wool tunics.

Hope that’s of help.

Bob

It sold for US $900 by the looks of it, did you win it CH ??? (and re the eagle, from the reasonably poor photos, it looked like the eagle stood a good chance).

Bob

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    It sold for US $900 by the looks of it, did you win it CH ??? (and re the eagle, from the reasonably poor photos, it looked like the eagle stood a good chance).

Bob
    No I did not :/ however, I did purchase the Heer Tropical Tunic on the auction!