Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?

Article about: Hi.. I'm thinking of placing a bid on this Luftwaffe Tunic. I'm look for some thoughts as to authentic and confirm that it is a Medical corps/administrative tunic. The photos aren't the best

?

Very interesting! From your educated experience... What duties, type of work, assignment or specialty might have been for this Stabsintendant? Would he have most likely been administrative? Could he have served on the front line? IF in fact he was awarded the IC2 ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe  Tunic, Medical Corps/Administrative?
    P
    Many

?

I recently purchased this Tunic, and I should be receiving it in about a week. At that point, I will be able to closer examine it and will disclose any other identifying features.

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Very interesting! From your educated experience... What duties, type of work, assignment or specialty might have been for this Stabsintendant? Would he have most likely been administrative? Could he have served on the front line? IF in fact he was awarded the IC2 ?
    Please re-read my post about this being a uniform for the Verwaltungsdienst career; he was not "most likely" in the admin field, but definitely.

Typical responsibilities for TSD/admin officers were logistic/supply/procurement and pay matters. He may - or may not - have served in an operational area or even near the front, but not normally in the foremost lines.

In any case, the ribbon is not for the EK2, but for the KVK2; a typical decoration for support personnel.

?

Thanks for the education..
    Would this Tunic be considered a Tuchrock or a Waffenrock? They seem similar. What is the difference. I can see it is a private purchase..Also would this tunic have a particular year/style designation? like a M36..M43?

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Would this Tunic be considered a Tuchrock or a Waffenrock? They seem similar. What is the difference. I can see it is a private purchase..Also would this tunic have a particular year/style designation? like a M36..M43?
    The only difference between the two tunic types was the cut of the collar/lapels:

The Tuchrock had an open collar, whereas the Waffenrock could be worn open or closed. For this purpose, it featured a hook-and-eyelet closure at the juncture of collar and lapels and a strap-and-button closure on the underside of the collar/lapel. There were also tailor-made Waffenröcke that could only be worn closed.

The Waffenrock was introduced in late 1938, but the M-something designations are collectorspeak and have no basis in period terminology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2