Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

LW leather jacket ???

Article about: Hi! I attach photos of what is being advertised as original ww2 luftwaffe jacket and wonder if this is indeed an original period item. i think that, as the leather jackets were private purch

?

Default LW leather jacket ???

Hi! I attach photos of what is being advertised as original ww2 luftwaffe jacket and wonder if this is indeed an original period item. i think that, as the leather jackets were private purchases, many of the leather jackets that have been presented as Luftwaffe war time jackets (and were invariably attributed to the "Battle of England") were post war motorbike jackets. The readily available argument of any seller was that these were non-regulation items, so there was a variety of designs, accompanied perhaps with some original German zippers by RITSCH - but I understand that such zippers can be found in post war jackets so this is still not enough to guarantee period authenticity. I suppose one could look for traces of previously fixed war insignia or loops and buttons for the breast eagle, medals and shoulder boards but is this enough ? Would be grateful for any advice on this topic and would be also interested in any views about this particular jacket as shown in the photos attached hereto.

Wishing all members of this community a happy and safe 2022!

Best
    Peter
    Athens, Greece
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW leather jacket ???   LW leather jacket ???  

LW leather jacket ???   LW leather jacket ???  

LW leather jacket ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW leather jacket ???
    P
    Many

?

Hello, unlikely in my opinion. The wide waist belt with the horizontal lines are more biker like. The lack of lower pockets also make it a biker like jacket. Best, Bill