Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight

Article about: I recently purchased my first ever LW officer private purchase Fliegerbluse. In all my years of collecting I had never managed to obtain one previously. It's in really great condition with j

TWS
    ?

Default LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight

I recently purchased my first ever LW officer private purchase Fliegerbluse. In all my years of collecting I had never managed to obtain one previously.

It's in really great condition with just a couple holes/snags to the material. Unfortunately there had been a tailor's label but it was removed.

Overall I'm pleased with it, but to my disappointment and chagrin the loops that I envisioned for a flight clasp are a bit too spaced out. I can only mount a clasp on there for display by carefully sliding the extreme end of the pin (last few mm) through the second loop, well past the catch. So, I'm concluding that the loops were only for a fairly long ribbon bar.

I had wanted the FB to be "dual capable" of both FJ and pilot display. I soldiered through and took photos of both "versions" despite the flight clasp not really fitting properly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight   LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight  

LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight   LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight  

LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight   LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight  

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Here's what I mean about only the very end of the pin of the flight clasp fitting through the second loop.

LW Leutnant Fliegerbluse for FJ or Flight
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Nice ribbed material, and it has the look, great addition Todd. I have an NCO's tuchrock that has similarly spaced loops that I wanted to add a flight clasp to as well,
    and wound up doing what you did, with just the end of the pin through the last loop. (which wound up annoying me, so added a ribbon bar to it in the end).

Congratulations on your latest pick up. What headgear will you display with it ? (a sidecap always looks good with them).

Season's Greetings,

Bob

TWS
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Nice ribbed material, and it has the look, great addition Todd. I have an NCO's tuchrock that has similarly spaced loops that I wanted to add a flight clasp to as well,
    and wound up doing what you did, with just the end of the pin through the last loop. (which wound up annoying me, so added a ribbon bar to it in the end).

Congratulations on your latest pick up. What headgear will you display with it ? (a sidecap always looks good with them).

Season's Greetings,

Bob
    Thanks Bob! Yeah, I'm attaching the ribbon bar back on there and swapping the FLL pilot badge out for the Assmann FJ that I had on there earlier. You and I are like-minded: I'm in the midst of getting it on a mannequin and I'm going to go with a Fliegermütze first and see how that looks.

Season's greetings to you too.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."