Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M36 tunic collar query

Article about: Hi Chaps. I received this Tunic yesterday. I am happy with the tunic although the moths have had a field day. I am not so sure about the collar. I think that this collar may have been added

?

Default M36 tunic collar query

Hi Chaps. I received this Tunic yesterday. I am happy with the tunic although the moths have had a field day. I am not so sure about the collar. I think that this collar may have been added to the tunic at a later stage. This collar does not have the ZIG ZAG stitching that we have all come to expect. I have sought advice and been advised that not all collars had the ZIG ZAG stitching. I would be obliged if any one could advise.

Cheers

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M36 tunic collar query
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M36 tunic collar query

A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M36 tunic collar query   M36 tunic collar query  

Attached Images Attached Images M36 tunic collar query  M36 tunic collar query 

?

more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M36 tunic collar query   M36 tunic collar query  

M36 tunic collar query  

Hello Andy,
    To be honest i don't like this collar very much. The lining material is something never seen before. The collar looks made of several dark green pieces of cloth. Collar and tabs are poorly sewn. It could be a sloppy wartime repair of course....but IMO that's a very sloppy postwar repair. I could be wrong of course (the same thread used for everything as well)..... Some tunics don't have the zig-zag stitchings under the collar, but usually they're more like late war tunics (Feldbluse 43 or M44 Feldbluse).
    Too bab, looks like a nice Feldbluse...nice Berlin 1937 acceptance stamp
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hi JPHILIP, Thanks for that, I wasnt comfortable with the collar at all. It has been agreed that the tunic can go back for full refund. I still like it and got it at a good price, If the seller drops the price by the right amount, I might keep it.
    Cheers

Andy

Go to stalingrad ! nice item