Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Feldbluse, opinions please?

Article about: Hi guys! Out of curiosity and interest I wanted to ask you more experienced people whether there is anything obviously wrong with this "Gebirgstruppen" M40 tunic. As the seller say

CSW
    ?

Default M40 Feldbluse, opinions please?

Hi guys!

Out of curiosity and interest I wanted to ask you more experienced people whether there is anything obviously wrong with this "Gebirgstruppen" M40 tunic. As the seller says, both the breast eagle and the Edelweiss have been reapplied. Anything wrong with the collar tabs or something else?

All opinions and comments are more than welcome!

Thank you very much!

M40 Feldbluse, opinions please? M40 Feldbluse, opinions please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Feldbluse, opinions please?
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

Update: just sold for 1095 €

Hello,
    I was about to comment about the Feldbluse, then i have seen your last post....
    IMO a good move not to buy this one at this price.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

CSW
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    I was about to comment about the Feldbluse, then i have seen your last post....
    IMO a good move not to buy this one at this price.
    Thanks
    Thank you very much - I definitely agree with that. Would still humbly appreciate any comments you might have wanted to share on this particular Feldbluse, I'm not here to buy but to learn

Thanks again!

Quote by CSW View Post
    Would still humbly appreciate any comments you might have wanted to share on this particular Feldbluse, I'm not here to buy but to learn
    Hello,
    Well, this is a Feldbluse 1933 modified 1940 from the makers Schmidt & Koelsch (München), it is the third example from these makers that i do have the opportunity to see and the less interesting due to the heavy repairs and postwar added insignia. The 1938 generic Litzen seem factory applied. The reapplied Hoheitsabzeichen from 1940 camouflage measures and BeVo Edelweiss are genuine. Beside repairs and some moth holes, another flaw is the size, it's very small....
    When a sleeve insignia is postwar added, the question is always the same : is there a shadow of an insignia on the sleeve, here an oval for the Edelweiss. Was the Feldbluse restored to its former glory or was an Edelweiss added to increase the sale price ?
    I do own a Feldbluse 1933 modified 1936 that had a clear shadow of an oval insignia on the right sleeve. As i owned a BeVo Edelweiss unstitched from a Feldbluse and also own an Einheitsfeldmütze with metal Edelweiss period sewn on the left side, i chose to add the Edelweiss to the sleeve, that was the most logical way to deal with my "problem", but i could have added a BeVo Jäger sleeve insignia (i own several of them but they're new and i didn't want to fold and put in shape an untouched example).

Without all these ugly repairs and with a decent size, it could have been a good buy, even with some postwar added insignia as the woolen cloth is still fresh.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

CSW
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Well, this is a Feldbluse 1933 modified 1940 from the makers Schmidt & Koelsch (München), it is the third example from these makers that i do have the opportunity to see and the less interesting due to the heavy repairs and postwar added insignia. The 1938 generic Litzen seem factory applied. The reapplied Hoheitsabzeichen from 1940 camouflage measures and BeVo Edelweiss are genuine. Beside repairs and some moth holes, another flaw is the size, it's very small....
    When a sleeve insignia is postwar added, the question is always the same : is there a shadow of an insignia on the sleeve, here an oval for the Edelweiss. Was the Feldbluse restored to its former glory or was an Edelweiss added to increase the sale price ?
    I do own a Feldbluse 1933 modified 1936 that had a clear shadow of an oval insignia on the right sleeve. As i owned a BeVo Edelweiss unstitched from a Feldbluse and also own an Einheitsfeldmütze with metal Edelweiss period sewn on the left side, i chose to add the Edelweiss to the sleeve, that was the most logical way to deal with my "problem", but i could have added a BeVo Jäger sleeve insignia (i own several of them but they're new and i didn't want to fold and put in shape an untouched example).

Without all these ugly repairs and with a decent size, it could have been a good buy, even with some postwar added insignia as the woolen cloth is still fresh.
    Thanks
    Thank you so very much, I appreciate all the information and effort!

I had precisely the same concern about whether there had originally been a shadow of some kind visible on the arm or if the insignia was pure fantasy. Again a big "thank you" for sharing your knowledge on these - the WRF once again proves its value. Cheers!