Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Me, the customs official and a great coat!

Article about: Little report from my yesterday visit by the german custom. I bought a great coat from a member in USA two weeks ago, and on Monday the custom from my neigbour town, write me to claryfield t

Default Me, the customs official and a great coat!

Little report from my yesterday visit by the german custom.
    I bought a great coat from a member in USA two weeks ago, and on Monday the custom from my neigbour town, write me to claryfield this postage. First he asked me, where is the bill about the package? I said its an old military coat with no bill. OK please open the package,
    and show me. I told him that its a NVA coat because I know about the troubles with custom and nazi german items.

Only shoulderboards on the coat but he don`t find the right custom section in his PC for custom fees. After 30minutes I asked him, can I pay a middle worth for fees? No,NO just a moment! Then he runs out to a colleague, both come back and examine the coat again.
    After again 15 min. he present me proudly the custom bill about 20 Euros.

My last question to him was, what happened when an item with swastika arrived at him? Ohhhh, then I give it to the prosecutor and he decide if I`m a collector or a neo nazi. For the last case items must destroyed.

How can I get a collector licence? Thats impossible.......and laugh.

Is the US custom or another customs so hard by swastika items???

poor history Germany
    Nikolaus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Me, the customs official and a great coat!
    P
    Many

Default re: Me, the customs official and a great coat!

Im sorry to hear this. There is no problem with swastikas or customs in Britain with regard to Nazi or uniform items.

I've never had a problem with US customs. As far as I know there is no regulation on nazi or swastika items. I feel very sorry for you and everyone who has to put up with such silly regulations.

I have heard similar stories before.....the Police and Customs in Germany also attend military fairs looking for violations re their laws on the swastika.....the German authorities seem to still be on a guilt trip....pity the Japanese never were !
    Prost ! Steve.

No problems in Australia - although our firearms control is super tight ( many would say rightly so!! )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

No problems with anything bearing the swastika here in Australia, but of course we are a long way from where it most impacted on people's lives.

No problems here in Portugal also.
    However in my last trip to Germany, when i brought severel items in the bag, they gave me the look

Cheers.
    Nuno

?

I have never had any problems with the Norwegian customs, regarding militaria with Swastika emblems.

Maybe you should register a small buisness for selling and buying old militaria. Then you will not have this problem anymore.

Default Re: Me, the customs official and a great coat!

Quote by oradour View Post
    I have heard similar stories before.....the Police and Customs in Germany also attend military fairs looking for violations re their laws on the swastika.....the German authorities seem to still be on a guilt trip....pity the Japanese never were !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Interesting observation, Steve!

?

Default Re: Me, the customs official and a great coat!

Indeed.

--------------

Far out, that you cant even get a collectors license for collecting uniforms - the collecting of which can hardly be compared to that of collecting any kind of firearm etc.

Thats taking PC too far imo.

I wont comment on the ban on swastikas - thats up to the Germans to sort for themselves, when they at some point in time figure, that the flagellation has gone on for long enough.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast