Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My first feldbluse

Article about: Hi! Wich ärmelband do you think it was on the tunic? Afrikakorps? The tunic is very bleached so sud front? Any opinions?

?

Default My first feldbluse

Hi!

Wich ärmelband do you think it was on the tunic? Afrikakorps?

The tunic is very bleached so sud front?

Any opinions?My first feldbluse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first feldbluse
    P
    Many

Nice feldbluse.
    Probably Afrikakorps Ärmelband IMHO.

Regards
    Santi

?

Oki! Thanks

Hello,
    This Feldbluse was not meant for the Heer as the collar is brown.
    Better photos would be needed to see if insignia has a chance to be period sewn or not.
    To me, the shadow of the cuff title is too wide for the Afrikakorps example.
    The Feldbluse has six buttons and closed collar, so even if the latter was dark green instead of brown, it would have very little chance to be a DAK example.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Well, it isn't a Tropical tunic, i know that, but it could still have the Afrikakorps cuff title.

I haven't recived it yet so only have the sellers pics.
    My first feldbluseMy first feldbluse

?

My first feldbluse

Hello,
    Good you know that it's not a tropical tunic, that's a fine start.

Otherwise i'm not a great fan of this tunic. To fade in such a brownish color the collar was not dark green in the first place. The collar patches are poorly sewn, the Hoheitsabzeichen as well, only the work on the shoulderboards looks convincing from these photos.

The tunic itself has the shadow of a cufftitle, but also one for a belt that was worn in a weird way considering that Heer Officers carried their pistol holsters on their left side, theorically at the rear of the left hip. Here all weight seems to have been placed on the right of the belt. I don't have time to fully develop my opinion but i don't believe these shadows are from wartime.

Why it has been stripped of the cufftitle would be an interesting question for me, but we'll never know i guess

Sorry to say but not an example of tunic i would purchase for myself and i love very much private purchase examples.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I fully agree with JPhilip’s comments regarding the odd fading. It appears that the tunic has spent a very long time on a mannequin, with sloppily added belt, and left open to sunlight. Had the fading been period, it is extremely unlikely (to say the least) that the wearer would put his belt on in exactly the same place every time!
    A great shame and a ruined tunic, in my opinion.
    I would pass on this one.

?

Many thanks for your opinions, thoughts and inputs

Much appreciated