Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collection

Article about: Hello. A nice day here today so I thought I would get out my Heer Mantel which are normally stored away in boxes. From Left to right - M36, M40 (A late production with split seem at the back

Hey Colin, any chance on seeing the stamps/markings please? if not all good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collection
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

If I may contribute... Despite my intention to rotate my display, these are still up in my war room after quite some time so thought I'd snap a few shots and join in.

My Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collectionMy Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collectionMy Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collection
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

and most folk think the 'Hoodie' is a recent thing

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey Colin, any chance on seeing the stamps/markings please? if not all good.
    You too Todd if possible?

?

Hello Rene,
    Markings as requested. My 5 Mantels from left to right as shown in the thread opening photo. Firstly my M36. Stamped ML40 for Metz- Lothringen 1940. (interestingly also has a DAF button inside).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collection   My Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collection  

?

M40. Not very clear markings but it does say ‘H’ or possibly ‘M’ 42 below the size markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collection  

?

M42 with very large collar has no markings visible. So moving on to my M42 with slightly smaller collar. Stamped F43. I know from Adrian’s excellent RB Number thread that the manufacturer was in the Nurnberg area - which would make sense as it was accepted by the Frankfurt Clothing Depot which is not too far away.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Heer Mantel (Greatcoat) collection  
    Last edited by ME110; 04-01-2021 at 10:09 AM.

?

Lastly my M42 Ubermantel. The markings are on the inside of the pocket because the blanket material prevents stamping in the usual place. RB number 0/0454/0011? - I think. If anyone out there can give me more information about the actual manufactures etc, it would be gratefully received.
    Cheers, Colin

Ahh brilliant Colin Thank You in The Most of Respect.

TWS
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    You too Todd if possible?
    Luckily I have a photo of the markings inside the MG-Battalion 4 Mantel handy on the hard drive. I don't think I have any photos of the markings inside the other one.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast