Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help, what shoulder boards are these?

Article about: Seeing this post by Sensi - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...eryday-826393/ - has prompted me to post these shoulder boards. Have had them for years and often wondered, what are they?

Default Need Help, what shoulder boards are these?

Seeing this post by Sensi - Something you don't find everyday. - has prompted me to post these shoulder boards. Have had them for years and often wondered, what are they?

Could they be the same as what's seen in the linked thread?

While in the images the piping appears more orange but in hand the piping is more red than orange.

TIA for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help, what shoulder boards are these?   Need Help, what shoulder boards are these?  

Need Help, what shoulder boards are these?   Need Help, what shoulder boards are these?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help, what shoulder boards are these?
    P
    Many

?

Difficult to get a handle on the precise colour, from the images, but it looks close to Signals to me... though not really brown enough.
    Or even flight that has been re-coloured, for some reason.
    Tricksy one.

They appear to have been for an NCO at one time.

The fabric of the shoulder boards looks to me typical of the West German Luftwaffe and not the TR Luftwaffe. The piping seems to have been recolored from orange-yellow to red afterwards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help, what shoulder boards are these?  

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    The fabric of the shoulder boards looks to me typical of the West German Luftwaffe and not the TR Luftwaffe. The piping seems to have been recolored from orange-yellow to red afterwards.
    piping stitching looks the same as yours Sammler. One thing I did notice as well, on the images I posted the piping looks to be thinner than war years type.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    piping stitching looks the same as yours Sammler. One thing I did notice as well, on the images I posted the piping looks to be thinner than war years type.
    I am pretty sure that these are shoulderboards of the "Bundesluftwaffe". Someone just recolored the piping. Stiching, fabric, piping... it's all the same.

Thank you for the help NSDAP Sammler!

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Thank you for the help NSDAP Sammler!
    You're welcome, Rich!