Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges

Article about: Hi there, Looking for some opinions on a couple of Gebirgsjager and jäger patches and cap badges. Here are the Gebirgs badges, Jäger ones in the next post. Thanks in advance, G.

Default Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges

Hi there,

Looking for some opinions on a couple of Gebirgsjager and jäger patches and cap badges.

Here are the Gebirgs badges, Jäger ones in the next post.

Thanks in advance,
    G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges   Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges  

Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges   Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges
    P
    Many

Here are the Jäger badges.

G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges   Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges  

Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges   Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges  

?

Both Edelweiss badges are good. The Jäger badges look good aswell but wait for someone else before judging them.

There are some variants in this thread.
    Jäger Cap Device
    Yours all look okay to me, can't vouch for the cloth examples though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks guys,

I wasn’t sure about the cloth edelweiss- most I’ve seen seem to have a lighter coloured backing so kinda began doubting myself a bit after I’d got it.

Let’s hope there’s another confirmation or two of the cloth & metal.

the edelweiss patch looks awful new. However, the detail of the embroidery looks good. I reminds me of my uniform-removed one in my collection.

Hello,

Both cloth patches are original! The embroidered edelweiss is a private purchase piece. The Heer issued BeVo insignia.

The metal edelweiss is also original. The first Jaeger metal cap insignia with the prongs on the side is considered by some collectors as reproduction. I have examples of the same piece. The second one is a nice original.

I will post examples in a bit!

Fred

Here are my examples of Jaeger and GBJ patches and metal cap badges. I do not care for the metal cap badge with the 3 skinny pointed prongs on the out side edge. I believe to be bad as the ski-Jaeger badges made the same way. I can always take closer pictures if you like.

Fred

Opinions on Gebirgsjäger & Jäger badges  

Good to have some confirmation on the patches & edelweiss cap badge. The Bevo type edelweiss are issue type but would an embroidered edelweiss on the grey background be issue instead of private purchase then?

It’s interesting what Fred says that one of the Jäger cap badges is considered by some as repro - so some people think they are fine & others not. I’ve just seen jäger badge for sale which has four of the prongs on the edge, I take it Fred that you would say these are repro too?

Last edited by LimaOperator; 12-26-2020 at 10:51 PM.