Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?

Article about: Greetings all, does this cap eagle look like a period original?

Default original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?

Greetings all, does this cap eagle look like a period original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?
    P
    Many

These were not necessarily HG Pz, as they were standard insignia for Luftwaffe mechanics' overseas caps as well. Boxes full of mint examples were discovered something like 7 years ago. This is an example I kept for myself from that discovery of 100s of examples. The swastika is slimmer in this original, but I cannot tell whether variances in originals existed in that respect.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?  

This was how they were found. You can see that they were actually intended as work cap insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?   original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?  

original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?   original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?  

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    This was how they were found. You can see that they were actually intended as work cap insignia.
    Those are the ones for sale @ Bill's right? It honestly doesn't bother me what the insignia were used for, I just want a couple to boost my Luftwaffe insignia. I appreciate the info!

They were widely available at that time. My batch did not come from any Bill. The only concern I have with yours is that yours did not come from that big pile of 7 years ago, which were all identical from the same manufacturer. Hopefully a Luft. collector can clear things up for you about authenticity.

Looks similar to my cutoff example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original Herman Goering Panzer Division Cap Eagle?