Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzer EM Waffenrock and Peaked Cap for purchase!

Article about: Hello everyone! I have the opportunity to purchase this whole set(tunic, cap, marksman lanyard, parade mount medals and belt), minus the repro Knights Cross with Oak Leaves. The asking price

Hey Ralph(rbminis),
    I know the one picture of the front of the Waffenrock and the second top view of the lanyard badge is insufficient to make a solid answer to this question, but what is your gut feeling on the Panzer lanyard? I read a lot of your postings on your lanyard collections and respect your knowledge on this subject! I know you want the backing cloth to have 'horizontal' lines. I just don't have that answer. I noticed the details on the panzer badge is a little soft but from my experience in collecting Third Reich awards this isn't uncommon. Just curious to see what you think.
    Thanks...Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer EM  Waffenrock and Peaked Cap for purchase!
    P
    Many

Quote by 3jusequlib View Post
    Hey Ralph(rbminis),
    I know the one picture of the front of the Waffenrock and the second top view of the lanyard badge is insufficient to make a solid answer to this question, but what is your gut feeling on the Panzer lanyard? I read a lot of your postings on your lanyard collections and respect your knowledge on this subject! I know you want the backing cloth to have 'horizontal' lines. I just don't have that answer. I noticed the details on the panzer badge is a little soft but from my experience in collecting Third Reich awards this isn't uncommon. Just curious to see what you think.
    Thanks...Alex
    The shield looks like it could be okay, but the two knots appear to be post war to me.
    I believe a war time shield, (or copy), applied to a Bundeswehr cord.
    They should have a more round appearance, photo for example.
    Ralph.

Panzer EM  Waffenrock and Peaked Cap for purchase!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Finally everyone....I know that it is the responsibility of the buyer to research prices, but if the seller of this Panzerabwehr Waffenrock is willing to part with the Tunic only, what is a fair price range to pay for this Waffenrock? I only ask because my research on this subject is all over the board, especially when comparing apples to oranges(different branches of service, different units and different ranks).
    Thank you in advance.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The shield looks like it could be okay, but the two knots appear to be post war to me.
    I believe a war time shield, (or copy), applied to a Bundeswehr cord.
    They should have a more round appearance, photo for example.
    Ralph.

Yes...I noticed that too. Thank you Ralph for such a quick response

By the way, the three buttons on the inside of the collar were to add a more formal looking white collar to the inside.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

One of these is not like the others...

Compare to the Schützenschnur on the Waffenrock.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Some of mine. These are all original examples.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hey Todd, I did get online again after Ralph pointed out the knots on the lanyards. Sure enough, the knots on the lanyard of the posted Waffenrock is just like the Bundeswehr lanyard knots. So I'm going to take a guess to your challenge and pick the one on the right.
    Quote by TWS View Post
    One of these is not like the others...

Compare to the Schützenschnur on the Waffenrock.

TWS
    ?

Sir, you followed my hint brilliantly.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2