Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse

Article about: Hello my fellow collectors and other militaria experts. I have buy this tunic some time ago. Like you all see, it is M42 reworked to the M36 style. The seller have very well reputation, and

?

Default Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse

Hello my fellow collectors and other militaria experts. I have buy this panzerjäger tunic some time ago. Like you all see, it is M42 reworked to the M36 style. The seller have very well reputation, and they said that insignias are all original, collar tabs, krim shield, driver badge, buttons etc. And what i have investigate, it seems like they are original, except the shoulder straps, they are most likely modern. The pink braid is different, compared to other shoulder straps i have seen. I am very grateful, if you can please give me your opinions about this tunic? Could it be war time conversion? Hope these photos are good enough.

Best Regards:
    Niko
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse   Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse  

Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse   Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse  

Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse   Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse  

Last edited by Niko; 10-21-2020 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Misspelling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse
    P
    Many

As an NCO, shouldn't the trade patch have a yellow border to it?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Have seen them with and without the golden piping on NCO uniforms, not something that is definitive to adjudicated it as good or bad per say.
    On the tunic itself, I defer to someone with more knowledge on their construction.

I see no problem of the tunic it's self, I have one similar.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    As an NCO, shouldn't the trade patch have a yellow border to it?

Hello,
    The piping, if any, on the trade patch should be silver, not yellow. When there is one, it indicates that the bearer of the Feldbluse has officially the function shown on the trade patch within his unit. When there's no piping, it means the bearer has the qualification.

Could you please show better views of the unbuttoned shoulderstraps, front and back. They look privately purchased but better photos might help...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hello!

Thank you all for reply. Here is few new pics of shoulder boards, i can take more if needed. Im not expert, but the under flaps looks also very different what i have seen before. Trade patch piping was new thing to me, i didnt know that before.

-Niko
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse   Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse  

TWS
    ?

The entire aspect of the tunic is that it is one intended for walking out use/ "best" tunic as some call it. The addition or conversion to dark green collar, the use of shiny Tresse on both the collar and the shoulder straps, the early style collar tabs with Waffenfarbe and backing, the flatwire breast eagle with backing, etc. Someone took a mid-war factory tunic and replaced all factory insignia to make it fancy. It appears to be a tunic that was not intended for use in the field.

The shoulder straps may be custom/tailor/home made but they are definitely not period factory straps.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

That would help explain the fine condition it is in.

?

Thanks for reply. I was thinking same thing. It may be walking out use. So, now i must hunt new collar tabs somewhere, not easy thing

-Niko

Hello,

Why do you need to hunt for new collar tabs? Did you mean shoulder boards? No need for that either. This tunic is correct in this form as we see it. It was a standard enlisted man's tunic that was up graded with a new collar, early collar tabs, private purchase shoulder boards and awards. I would actually expect to see some award loops on the pocket or a ribbon in the buttonhole. This tunic is fine as it is ,don't mess with it.

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast