Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Patch Help

Article about: Hello, My grandfather had these patches. I am not sure what they are. I believe the tan one might be a tropical patch. His brother in law fought and Italy and may have sent these back before

FNL
    ?

Default Patch Help

Hello,

My grandfather had these patches. I am not sure what they are. I believe the tan one might be a tropical patch. His brother in law fought in Italy and may have sent these back before he was killed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Patch Help   Patch Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Patch Help
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Ideally you should start a new thread for each item because the conversation can become confused. Also shots of the front and rear of each are needed.

I can't help with authenticity, but I say that the circular patch looks like it relates to Italian Fascists, possibly the gruppi universitari fascisti. The Triangular sand coloured patch looks like a tropical Luftwaffe breast eagle and the bottom two may be pith helmet badges.

Kind regards,

Will.

I agree with Will. If the provenance is as you state then these should all be authentic items. Even without better photos they do look OK to me. GRUPPI UNIVERSITARI FASCISTI or GUF did have a patch like the one you posted. Carlo Morandi Collections has one just like it in their archive. Photo from that site attached for comparison. Neil

Patch Help

All looks good to my eyes ,The pith helmet shields look to be the Kriegsmarine type. Regards Paul,

?

The Luftwaffe tropical Adler insigne is the type fitted to the shirt, rather than the tunic.