Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

POA collar

Article about: Hello, I came across this POA tunic that I'm planning to buy and everything seems fine except the sitching on the reverse of the collar which looks a bit strange to me. I've never seen this

Default POA collar

Hello, I came across this POA tunic that I'm planning to buy and everything seems fine except the sitching on the reverse of the collar which looks a bit strange to me. I've never seen this type of parallel lines used and I was wondering if anyone here could help me figure out whether this is period stitching or the collar tabs were added later on.

Marco

POA collar POA collar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement POA collar
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Parallel stitchings under the collar are uncommon but not unseen. I've seen and handled Feldblusen 43 and 44 with such a feature...
    Posting detailed photos of this garment would be interesting as it seems to be a partial front opening Feldbluse (made of french blue horizon woolen cloth !/?)...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for clearing up my doubts on the collar, I didn't know about this type of stitching. And yes, you're right! It is one of these peculiar tunics made out of French wool. I've been looking for one of these for some time and I'm really happy to have found this one, here's a few other pictures. Hopefully, if everything goes well and I get it I'll post it on this forum
    Marco
    POA collarPOA collarPOA collar