Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Post Your Ledermantels!

Article about: by herrzark impresive store All I can see are helmets

MAP
    ?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Back to reality after whatever the f**k that guy just posted.

Here's the great coat belonging to Generaloberst Erhard Raus, along with his soldbuch and ID disc.
    Great to see you post again MD. Been a while!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Ledermantels!
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    Great to see you post again MD. Been a while!
    Yes, it has. I get tired of people and just go do my own thing for a while. Like a few years while, LOL

Great Mantel Todd leave it posted
    Good to see you posting again +1

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Yes, it has. I get tired of people and just go do my own thing for a while. Like a few years while, LOL
    Will let this thread get back on track but looking forward to seeing anything you might have picked up (besides that mantle )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Waffen SS Ledermantel

Hi guys, definately not my area of collecting, but when the son of an SS major offered me his father's Ledermantel for nothing, it would have been a bit stupid to turn it down. It comes with a belt - not pictured - and four buttons up the back. The coat is black, but looks lighter in the pictures. It is a bit stiff after all these years, so I have started to try and soften it with Pecan wax. Not too sure if that is the right thing to do or not, but any advice on preservation would be more than welcome. Also, if any body might have any idea who the manufacturer might be, that would be great. There are no labels or markings on the inside and the coat is fully lined.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Ledermantels!   Post Your Ledermantels!  

It doesn't look military style.

Not really Major eppilettes either,
    Not Third Reich
    May be post war.. 70s ..

No gentlemen, I know the son and he told me his father had it in the war. These coats were private purchase, so that it why it might not look military. I'm not "buying" the story as we are often told not to, as it was given to me free of charge. He told me that it did have the epaulettes, but these were stripped off by his nephew who took some other items as well.

Incidentally, does anyone know what the double D rings were used for?

My contribution
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Ledermantels!   Post Your Ledermantels!  

Post Your Ledermantels!  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5