Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Proof of a WK2 coat (Axis?)

Article about: Hi there, I have a offer for coat which origin is unknown. The seller "thinks" its from the WK2 era, but have no other informations. The buttons are Assmann (Lüdenscheid) and on o

?

Default Proof of a WK2 coat (Axis?)

Hi there,

I have a offer for coat which origin is unknown. The seller "thinks" its from the WK2 era, but have no other informations. The buttons are Assmann (Lüdenscheid) and on one sleeve a patch was removed which could be an indication for a WK2 coat.

I have no clue. Also for me the coat seems very new and unused which is unusal for that old cloth.

Maybe some of you have an idea.

Thank you very much!

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Proof of a WK2 coat (Axis?)
    P
    Many

It looks a bit like a Bundesgrenzschutz greatcoat, a pity you can't get better pictures. Do you know which sleeve the patch was removed from, and what shape it was?

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Hey Steve,

thanks for your super fast reply!

Unfortunately I dont know the shape or size, but he say you can see the remaining sewing stitches. No more informations...but I can ask for more pictures, do you think that will help? For me only WK2 era and earlier pieces are relevant for my collection. The price for this item is awesome, but if its newer, its not for me.

Regards

David

have a look at this one on the forum.

bundesgrenzschutz greatcoat - Google Search

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Hey Steve,

looks very similar. So it may be from the 60s, right? I think for 50€ I can make the deal?!

Thank you so much!

David

Looking at it again, the collar looks a lighter green than the BGS, and the coat itself almost looks charcoal grey. So maybe I might be wrong. You really need much better pictures than this before you decide whether or not to purchase. I came across this image of a BGS mante, the collar is the same as in your image.

Cheers,

Steve

?

Hey Steve,

thank you so much!

I have asked the seller for more detailed pictures. As soon as I will get them, I will inform you via this post!

Thanks again!

David