Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Questions on greatcoat by Max Muller

Article about: i was wondering if anyone knows if this is Police or just a variant of the M36 style greatcoat. It has a different collar design underlay, no french cuffs,straight pocket flaps and a "s

Default Questions on greatcoat by Max Muller

i was wondering if anyone knows if this is Police or just a variant of the M36 style greatcoat. It has a different collar design underlay, no french cuffs,straight pocket flaps and a "sewn pinch" type pleated back. Maker is Max Muller
    Nuremburg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions on greatcoat  by Max Muller   Questions on greatcoat  by Max Muller  

Questions on greatcoat  by Max Muller   Questions on greatcoat  by Max Muller  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions on greatcoat  by Max Muller
    P
    Many

Polizei greatcoats had brown collars. These did not always have French cuffs. This one looks like a late-war coat judging by the pockets, but it has been modified with a green collar.

-Joel

Thank you , I was wondering if it was a tailor modification or other than Wehrmacht use and civil use , guy just liked to be fancy ! I have an M41 tunic with a dark green collar modified , I’ll do a little research into the later war variants .... I like that the company made backpacks , the lining looks similar to the pocket inside a pack ...wonder if they are the same material