Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?

Article about: Good evening everybody, A small overview of my cavalry/recon officers’ boards collection. What do you think? Also, has anybody good recommendations for further readings about the cavalry and

Thanks Bob. Someone told me on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum that they are shoulder boards from the Austrian Army, pimped with insignia to make them look like Wehrmacht boards. This is possible, however I have never seen Austrian shoulder boards from the 1930's.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by Phil9790 View Post
    For Todd. My latest Kradschuetzen shoulder board addition...
    Very nice! It appears all the gilt has oxidized off the pips, but that happens. It's a matrix of variables of the metal used to make the pips, the quality of the gilt, and what environmental conditions the shoulder boards have been subject to.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

To thecyclist64:
    I think there are two types of gothic "A". The "A" for motorized recon has nothing to do with a standard "A", in my view but more with a gothic one.
    This article which is based on the book "German Army shoulder straps and boards" by Suter & Suter shows the recon's "A" under the gothic letters. Also, the recon letter reminds me a lot to this version of a gothic "A".

Hi Todd, thanks again for giving more detail on these. I have added them to my collection and definitely do not regret the purchase...

Good evening everybody, here are the new add-ons to my collection.Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4