Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?

Article about: So whats the consensus of opinion on ski-jager cap badges? What is a good one and what is a bad? Here is a selection of differing styles lifted from the web - are any good? ....... what do w

Default Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?

So whats the consensus of opinion on ski-jager cap badges? What is a good one and what is a bad? Here is a selection of differing styles lifted from the web - are any good? ....... what do we look for in the search for one?

Thanks in advance guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?   Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?  

Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?   Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?  

Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?   Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?  

Attached Images Attached Images Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?  Ski jager cap badges - whats the story? 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?

Don't tell me I've stumped the forum?
    Are these skijager pieces so shrouded in uncertainty that we just dont know what is correct and what is not? Should collectors give them a wide berth maybe?

** BTT **

Hi all, I REALLY would like to know more about these critters. 20 of our finest regulars & mods ( with much knowledge ) have looked at the pictures without leaving a comment. Put me out of my misery someone please .........

Respectfully, Dan

?

This is something that I have thought about I have not seen a picture with one of these in it ever. These pieces sure do have some age but who knows are these just something made up in the 60s

Never held a real one in my collecting career. These are rare and I have never done any research into them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

From what I have read the regiments were raised mid 1944 and fought exclusively on the eastern front. Many think the cap badges were modified jager ones with a civilian ski soldered or pinned on, others think they never existed at all and these that turn up are all post war creations. I don't know myself but they have never made a faker rich and the quality seems fair. Just an unusual item that no one seems to have a definite view on.
    Thanks for giving your points of view.

I have a couple of these badges one with the ski and one without they both have some sort of marking on them but don't know if the 100% or not picked them up for next to nothing so probably post war.

I have seen a badge in one wartime pic in Brian L Davis' book. The guy wearing it was GFP.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here's the ones ive got.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?   Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?  

Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have seen a badge in one wartime pic in Brian L Davis' book. The guy wearing it was GFP.

Cheers, Ade.
    Was this the photo Ade? ....... is it a ski jager badge or just jager? - too small to discern details.

Then theres this one - has been colourized but dated 1944 near Pripyat, in the Ukraine

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ski jager cap badges - whats the story?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ski jager cap badges - whats the story? 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast