Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Norwegian volunteer tunic?

Article about: Hey yall, a friend of mine reached out and asked me to post this online. *Allegedly* it is a Norwegian volunteer tunic. The three photos area all that is available and any info is appreciate

Default SS Norwegian volunteer tunic?

Hey yall, a friend of mine reached out and asked me to post this online. *Allegedly* it is a Norwegian volunteer tunic. The three photos area all that is available and any info is appreciated in advance!

GMSS Norwegian volunteer tunic?SS Norwegian volunteer tunic?SS Norwegian volunteer tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Norwegian volunteer tunic?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a Swedish crown stamp in the uniform to me. So a Swedish uniform with a fake LAH cuffband IMHO.

?

Yes 100% Swedish with the three crowns and fake cuff title.

I had my suspicions. thank you guys

Hello,
    Some work has been done to germanize this tunic i guess...
    and they left untouched the three crowns and swedish markings !?
    there's still hope gentlemen...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

TWS
    ?

All who replied Swedish tunic are correct.

About 30+ years ago it was common for reenactors in the USA to acquire Swedish tunics and trousers and dye and modify them to resemble German tunics for reenactment purposes. I believe that practice tapered off when the big reenactor supply firms started manufacturing reproduction uniforms.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I agree Todd. I have the exact same Swedish tunic and a Swedish greatcoat that were converted to resemble German items.

Quote by TWS View Post
    All who replied Swedish tunic are correct.

About 30+ years ago it was common for reenactors in the USA to acquire Swedish tunics and trousers and dye and modify them to resemble German tunics for reenactment purposes. I believe that practice tapered off when the big reenactor supply firms started manufacturing reproduction uniforms.

Hello,
    This is something that i've seen in Europe as well. In the late nineties i used to work in a surplus/second hand shop in which some reenactors were customers. When companies like Sturm Miltech started to produce accurate reproductions of german uniforms, swedish ones disappeared from the shelves.

I think i still own a pair of swedish pants that are 1940 dated.
    Grantssmilitaria : if your friend wants to set up the mannequin of the more swedish of all norvegian volunteers from the Leibstandarte, you can send me a PM...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 11-09-2022 at 11:24 AM. Reason: correction

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

TWS
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    This is something that i've seen in Europe as well. In the late nineties i used to work in a surplus/second hand shop in which some reenactors were customers. When companies like Sturm Miltech started to produced accurate reproductions of german uniforms, swedish ones disappeared from the shelves.

I think i still own a pair of swedish pants that are 1940 dated.
    I didn't know what it was like in Europe, but makes sense that reenactors were doing the same there. Here in the U.S., it was companies like An der Front and Lost Battalions that were making reproduction uniforms. There may have been others, but those are two I recall. I have a pair of Swedish mountain troops trousers - at least that's what they appear to be - around here somewhere. I had bought them with the idea they could be a low-cost way to complete a mannequin if I didn't want to spend the much higher $ amount for original trousers.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."