Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sud Front Infantry Tunic

Article about: I've been looking at, and have created a few threads, about German Tunics as of late. I've been wanting to add a German tunic to my collection and recently came across this tunic online. I'm

Default Sud Front Infantry Tunic

I've been looking at, and have created a few threads, about German Tunics as of late. I've been wanting to add a German tunic to my collection and recently came across this tunic online. I'm very new to collecting (specifically uniforms) and wanted to get additional opinions on its originality as I'm far from being an expert. The tunic is listed on Grenadier Military Auctions, I've heard good things about the site but have yet to use it. Can anyone vouch for the site?

Sud Front Infantry TunicSud Front Infantry TunicSud Front Infantry TunicSud Front Infantry TunicSud Front Infantry TunicSud Front Infantry TunicSud Front Infantry Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sud Front Infantry Tunic
    P
    Many

I can. I purchased 2 M36 tunics from them last auction that were fine & about 50% less than market value. Bruce & Kevin are pretty honest, Bruce has worked very hard creating his reputation, which is good. You may find a replaced button or two, maybe rebadged insignia here & there, as with most sites/auctions. But overall his tunics are real, the ones I paid attention to anyway .
    This one has a replaced lower pocket button, rest of tunic looks fine as far as construction.
    Couple of ?? helmets & various items but as always...need to do your homework before you start bidding.

Overall, I think maybe the best auction I know of

Thanks for the quick response! Besides the replaced pocket button, can you tell if the chest insigna is original? I've come across quite a few tunics with re-applied insignias lately and am not quite sure how to tell

Default eagle

I photo shopped the eagle, You can enlarge it. The stitching looks believable due to it's a hand sewn officer type. I see no signs of prior shadow or stitch from past applied eagle. Do you ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sud Front Infantry Tunic  

No I don't thanks for the help!

This may be a dumb thing to ask as again I'm new to collecting, but is there anyway to determine where this type of tunic may have been used? Obviously its summer/tropical, but is there any way to narrow it down further to perhaps Africa or southern Russia?

There would be absolutely no way of knowing on which specific front it was used, unless it came with concrete providence. It would have been used on the Sudfront or in a similar climate, and that's about as narrow as you'd be likely to get.
    Still, I'd consider not knowing that as part of its appeal. It's the items that hold untold stories that are the most interesting. You can sit and look at it, hold it in your hands, and wonder what it could have seen.

B.B.

Good point! Sud front refers to Africa or Southern Russia correct? Or is there another theater I'm forgetting

South Eastern Europe and Russia