Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

tail fin panel

Article about: Hello Guys What do you thing about this Ju 87 tail fin panel I am proposed. Thanks for your help! Phil

Very easy to fake. Have you asked for the dimensions? That should be the starting point in your research. There are surviving aircraft and verifying the dimensions will be possible. With the amount be asked, it would be foolish not to do the homework.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement tail fin panel
    P
    Many

Wink

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I had to look up what a puckle gun was......
    Expect a fusillade of square bullets coming your way soon......

?

YouTube
    Forgotten Weapons Puckle Gun.
    Thanks,this thread has brought out my favourite qualities of this forum,Informed debate and humor.

Good job to ask for the dimensions, anyway it is a fake like a lot on the market...

?

It's junk,
    A fool and his money are soon parted

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Expect a fusillade of square bullets coming your way soon......
    Infidel pilots in the Luftwaffe!

Lightbulb

I was reluctant to plunge in at the beginning of this thread with what was, after all, a 'gut feeling' based on photos. But over the years I've seen, handled ( and owned ) a fair few Luftwaffe relics and this one just seemed too sharp, too 'clean', somehow too good to be true.

And as we all know, if it's too good to be true........

Don’t know the dimensions, but the shape and the construction on the back match up to a JU88. The construction on the back is not faked very often. (On fakes, if there are “ribs”, it is usually a section of a modern aircraft and doesn't match WWII German construction methods). The inside, that should be protected from the elements , at least while it was on the aircraft is in terrible shape compared o the pristine paint on the outside.
    In my opinion, the outside of an authentic tail section has been given a fresh painting.

There are a lot more rows of rivets along the top than on photos and on originals I have seen? That's the only thing that I see that shakes my opinion. Don't know if JU88 tail construction was changed threw out the war like it was on the ME or BF109
    Last edited by carleton; 01-18-2021 at 10:11 PM. Reason: More info

Ok I looked up a few photos of JU88 tails. I was wrong about the construction on the inside. There are 6 internal horizontal “ribs” on the inside, and all references I could find have one row of holes along the top. It’s not a JU88 if it’s real?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3