Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

is there a book or website about Boots ?

Article about: I am searching for more information to learn how to recognize a real WW2 Heer boot ( s ) . There are many offered but off course how to recougnise the real one ;-) For many items i found boo

Default is there a book or website about Boots ?

I am searching for more information to learn how to recognize a real WW2 Heer boot ( s ) .

There are many offered but off course how to recougnise the real one ;-)

For many items i found books and or dedicated website but not ( yet ) for Heer boots ... Maybe somebody knows it ?

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is there a book or website about Boots ?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Militaria Magazine # 295 for Marshstiefel and # 297 for Schnürschuhe
    In these two issues there is everyhting you need to see and know i guess
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks, i will search for it

@JHhilip I found on Ebay but only in French.. Do these also exist in other languages ? French is not really my strongest .

Hello,
    Early issues of the magazine were also published in english but in my opinion they stopped before these issues.
    With such a first name, you should be able to speak french (joking) my friend
    Considering the price asked for these two issues of the magazine, to buy them even if you don't understand french, should not a be a problem. With all tools available nowadays for translations, it wouldn't take long for you to understand texts and photos captions.

(To me, the text in the issue # 295 about the Marschstiefel is the best text i ever wrote on german WWII military stuff. I usually don't like to say this kind of things, but if catching the true essence of the german Marschstiefel can be done, i did it with this text.)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Lightbulb

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Early issues of the magazine were also published in english but in my opinion they stopped before these issues......
    IIRC only issues 1-20 ( or 25 ? ) were issued also in English. IMO Militaria Magazine ( originally Armes et Militaria ) are an excellent resource. My French is very basic indeed but able to cope with the articles which are not too 'wordy'. The photographs are always superb.

?

I have quite a few of the Militaria Magazines in French and can read very little French. However the ‘Translator App’ which is free to download is your friend.
    Cheers,
    Colin

?

Also JPhillipe’s YouTube Channel has a good section on Marshstiefel

d3rNooB Spi3ss - YouTube

Cheers, Colin