Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Trade patches?

Article about: Hi, these are two ‘patches’ that are in a box of other Bevo and embroidered badges have intrigued me and I’d like some info as to what they are and if genuine? Thank you.

Fred,

Thank you for that information.. And I am sure that these abound in many collections and are thought of as original..

I appreciate you informing us (me).. as my last intention is to steer someone in the wrong direction..

Smitty..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trade patches?
    P
    Many

Smitty,

They look like originals, no fault to you . they were brought into this country by a German dealer to make money on collectors back in the late 60's early 70's. I used to own an example of each before I did some studying and found out they were fake. I posted an article on the WAF called the Big Blue Tub about a guy selling them as fakes at the SOS.

Fred

?

Thank you Fred, it's not mine unfortunately. I forgot to add photo credit to the Ailsby collection. However if you follow the link and scroll to the bottom of that link it erroneously shows a swastika version as being authentic as well.

Regards, Al

Al,

This information validates that there is lots more to learn and study.. I will always continue to be a student of militaria..

Best regards..

Smitty

That is the wonderful part of this forum! Well worth the small fee for membership! You have some of the best instructors in the world at your fingertips.Thank you all for your willingness to share!!

Regards,Geoff

?

Wittmannn just listed a HJ tunic with this same insignia. While I cant say with certainty if it's original to the jacket, I thought I'd post it as a visual reference.

Trade patches?
    Trade patches?
    Trade patches?

Trade patches?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2