Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unissued 3rd pattern tropical Tunic

Article about: I finally found an affordable Tropical Tunic of the third type. I still need to locate some decent shoulder boards but I already have the cap and belt setup. I present my modest tropical dis

?

Wonderful looking ensemble Al. Excellent war room. Really enjoy your eye candy.

Tim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unissued 3rd pattern tropical Tunic
    P
    Many

?

The schulterklappen for my tropenbluse arrived today. These late war M44 signals straps will be a nice fill in until I locate an affordable set of tropical straps. Unfortunately it's raining today so the indoor shots will have to do for now.

Unissued 3rd pattern tropical TunicUnissued 3rd pattern tropical Tunic

Last edited by Aldo; 10-08-2023 at 01:34 PM.
    Regards, Al

Those M44 apps look pretty cool on that trop tunic, kind of set it off. Your Sud front guy better watch out there's some very sinister hats behind him. Regards paul

?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Those M44 apps look pretty cool on that trop tunic, kind of set it off. Your Sud front guy better watch out there's some very sinister hats behind him. Regards paul

Yes, just some back up in fancy headgear
    Regards, Al

?

Here are the new outdoor photo's of my tropenbluse updated with M44 schulterklappen for signals. Thank you everyone for your assistance and guidance.

Unissued 3rd pattern tropical Tunic
    Regards, Al

Hello,
    Again, that's a very nice set that i would consider late war, so those shoulderstraps fit very well on this last type Tropenbluse. I have ever liked grass green Waffenfarbe on these late war tunics, but lemon yellow looks also great i believe. If mine i would not bother to get tropical shoulderstraps, unless you would like to depict a late arrival in Afrika before the surrender, but in this case the Tropenmütze (and the yellow web belt also) are not ok...The insignia sewn in triangle is a sign of late war production, late 1943 onwards and a green web belt would be more accurate for a middle war tropical set up, as issued before the yellow color took over the production late in the war for both Heer and Luftwaffe personnel.
    The way it is now, it's perfect for the italian front in 1944 or the Lorraine campaign in Sept/Oct 1944.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you, it shall remain as is based on your observations. I'm pleased with the overall look.
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    [B] I'm pleased with the overall look
    Hello,
    You can be, it's mint and beautiful....tropical stuff has this little "i don't know what" touch that please any collector of german militaria.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2