Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What Insignia is this??

Article about: Hello, I ran across this and couldn't find it in any of my reference books. It is very obviously German (I think). What is it?

Would you expect them to be machine embroidered or bevo embroidery on an original? I took a chance on this one since you occasionally see trade badges hand embroidered (I’m thinking along the lines of signal blitz and armorer career insignia to name a couple)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What Insignia is this??
    P
    Many

?

I would not expect this badge to look like a 1930s trade patch being late 44/early 45 ish nor would i expect a bevo badge as it would be made in small numbers .but i have never seen one original but have seen loads of this type at around £10 each ( i would pay crazy money to own one)
    This one just does nt look right for a late war insignia and i do have several examples of each of all the trade patches issued in my collection

Fair enough

You make a good point about the manufacturing style. I didn't know these had come out so late in the war until now. I'm sure like many late-war medals and badges (sometime dubious) there weren't many made or issued. I do know of only one photo of one being worn, and here it is:

What Insignia is this??

?

yes thats the only photo i have seen i have a large collection of cloth insignia and havent even see one i also know quite a few advanced collectors all over the world who havent seen one of these also

Well here it is.

It looks, feels, and smells right in hand. the one puzzling thing is that it is embroidered on luftwaffe colored wool felt. I tried to get a good picture of the color, but it didn't come out right. It is slight lighter in person. Upon careful inspection, the bomb shell, wreath, and "E" all have unterlagen under the embroidery thread.

It also came with a certificate of authenticity (for whatever that's worth). I haven't ever heard of the Erik L Dorr collection, so I can't comment on the authority of it. I am going to ask him if he has any further info about whoever brought it back since it is claimed on the paper.

What Insignia is this??What Insignia is this??What Insignia is this??What Insignia is this??What Insignia is this??

?

Just out of interest what did you pay for it

It was on auction. I paid about $85

Hello,

Definately a reproduction. These have been around for a while. The quality of construction is exacly lile the Heer Flak specialty patch that is out there. Nice thick embroidery, quality materials. Way incorrect for a late war patch.

On another note, the certificate of authenticity is totally worthless. Too rough for toilet paper but a good use for it.

Fred

MAP
    ?

This thread may help....regarding the COA.

Start at post #31
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    This thread may help....regarding the COA.

Start at post #31
    Link Michael ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast