Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What model Feldbluse is this tunic?

Article about: Greetings Gents, This Feldbluse doesn't quite match up to examples shown in my reference materials. What model is it? I assume, it is a private purchase version, which has several features o

Default What model Feldbluse is this tunic?

Greetings Gents,

This Feldbluse doesn't quite match up to examples shown in my reference materials. What model is it? I assume, it is a private purchase version, which has several features of the M43, but others seem deleted. Thank you, much for your thoughts and input.

Best,

V/r Lance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What model Feldbluse is this tunic?
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

I don't collect foreign conversions, but this appears to be one of them.

The German Heer converted numbers of captured Dutch and Czech tunics for wear. Without searching around, my first impression is a conversion from a Dutch tunic. Perhaps someone who collects or has handled/studied converted captured tunics will chime in.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Default Groffe Stof Jas

Greetings Gents and thank you for your input and links.

Agreed, appears to once have been a Dutch Groffe Stof Jas as seen on this additional website, though my posted version does not have any Dutch ink stamps visible. Militaria Relics - World War II Antiques & Collectibles

Thank you again!

V/r Lance

Hello,
    Yes it's a converted dutch tunic.
    There is a problem with the insignia, Nachrichten shoulder straps do not match with the red artillery blitz.
    This Feldbluse should have artillerie shoulder straps or no blitz at all as Nachrichtentruppen did not use this particular sleeve insignia.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I made the same comment and it seems to have disappeared. The Blitz is in too high a position as well as being a different Waffenfarbe. It could have been in that location if there was a Gefreiter or Obergefreiter Winkel below it. So something does not quite match up. Neil