Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is your minimum limit in State off a uniform

Article about: I have seen this uniform. It is from the "Division Azul" from Spanish soldiers who fought with the Germans. The uniform is in a really bad shape, especially the trousers.... For on

Default What is your minimum limit in State off a uniform

I have seen this uniform. It is from the "Division Azul" from Spanish soldiers who fought with the Germans.

The uniform is in a really bad shape, especially the trousers.... For one side I would like to have it ( these ones a very rare to find ) but on the other hand still cost enough money ( 950 € ) and as you all can see it is falling apart.......

Anyhow , made me think, are all collectors only searching for the top quality articles or are some of you which buy it all ?

From there is my question : What is the minimum state of a Uniform that you spent your money on ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is your minimum limit in State off a uniform
    P
    Many

IMHO, if a uniform has some wear and tear, it makes it more interesting to me, seeing that is has been worn and possibly even customized and repaired during service.
    Others see a uniform as most valuable that is pristine and in top condition, fresh from the storage.
    It depends what you want to collect and how you want to extend your collection.

There is also a difference between normal wear and moth attack holes and bad storage and such, which to me decreases the value.
    In the end, everything has a value to the collector. It is important to determine if things can be secured in the state they are in ( thinking of moth attacks for example).

If you have the money and like the 'patina' and you are sure on authenticity.... if the item is rare enough, I would buy it if the price is acceptable .
    The jacket at least looks halfway ok, but the pants are a lost cause though

I would say detailed images, inside & out, should be asked for, to establish authenticity
    Paul

Yes, that would be anyhow the next step before buying. But that is the next step. Seperate from my question 😉

It's really down to your personal taste
    Paul

So many people so many tastes

Its your personal preference and if you are a dealer or just collecting.
    If you deal with stuff, you might want top quality to have a solid resale value. Something to consider if this is what you do from time to time.

A collector will go with whatever he/she likes

I kind of like it. In my opinion it shows that this was worn possibly in combat. Most of the mint condition uniforms or very good condition uniforms we find possibly never seen combat at all. I mean think about all the stuff these guys went through crawled on the ground gunfire breyers brambles their uniform is not going to be what you see most of the time in a museum.