Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aluminum RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co

Article about: Hi, I am not a die hard buckle collector, I have a few from my early collecting days, but every now and than I still catch one and I would like to label the good from the bad. Something the

Default Aluminum RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co

Hi,

I am not a die hard buckle collector, I have a few from my early collecting days, but every now and than I still catch one and I would like to label the good from the bad. Something the Mrs asked me to do. Before she poisens me, sells the stuff and buys another horse, I guess...

This one (a more recent pick-up), as said is an aluminum RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co, with the early intertwined FCL logo. Worn condition, corosion to the roller and some other spots, little damaged swas. But it stands a change I think, comparing to the other examples I saw overhere?

Thanks for your time!

Martin

Btw: sorry for the strange picture sequence and the double ones. I have to confess the way of uploading pictures here still is a complete mystery to me. But I do my best to understand it and read the sticky threads.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aluminum RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co   Aluminum RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co  

Aluminum RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co   Aluminum RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminum RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co
    P
    Many

?

In my opinion it is 100% original, fellow member Weller has a thread of his, almost identical except his has the leather tab
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi Gwar,
    Thanks for your time and answer, I will check the Weller thread if I can find it.

Thanks and best regards,
    Martin

?

Franke & Co - 1936

link is above
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Nice Franke & Co with the early maker stamp. We've seen these with leather tabs dated 1936 and 1937.

Thanks for all your comments and the useful links!
    Much appriciated!

Best regards,
    Martin

Very nice buckle with the early markings, not so often seen to be honest, nice score
    Ben

Thanks Ben!
    I did some comparing before bidding on this one and I had a good feeling, but I am very happy with the positive confirmation.

Thanks all for your time!

Best regards,
    Martin