Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Franke & Co - 1936

Article about: A nice and early 1936 RAD - Franke & Co before the name change. I'd say he got better at buckle Mfg after he became Dr. Franke , based on the weak maker mark stamping and an otherwise ro

?

Hello. I recently acquired this RAD belt buckle and tab. It is by Dr. Franke and dated 1936. It has the early logo instead of the horizontal alpha name used later. I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I have a theory on the buckle design. Franke is a name common with Jewish people. I do not know if Dr. Franke was Jewish or not, but please look at the shovel/spade in the center of the buckle. If you turn the buckle over, the shovel/spade looks like the dreidel, a four sided spinning top used during the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah. This was pointed out to me by my son-in-law who is Jewish. I had never seen it that way before. Anyone else see that? Could it have been some sort of submersive attemt by Franke to support the Jewish people? Just mFranke & Co - 1936Franke & Co - 1936y thoughts. Thanks for all comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Franke & Co - 1936
    P
    Many

?

I have never seen OR heard of this concept in relationship to the RAD Buckle... Can you post some "Relative" pics or evidence on this subject ? I am interested for what it's worth... By the way.... Nice buckle...
    I have this one on my search list... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quite a common practise for companies to intertwine their initials as a company logo so for me just a coincidence. But would be nice if you could find some evidence to link it
    Ben

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I have never seen OR heard of this concept in relationship to the RAD Buckle... Can you post some "Relative" pics or evidence on this subject ? I am interested for what it's worth... By the way.... Nice buckle...
    I have this one on my search list... G
    Thanks for the comment on the buckle. It seems that with the logo, it is a scarce version.

What I meant to say is to turn the buckle upside down (not over) so the point of the shovel is down. Then it looks like the profile of a dreidel. It was my son-in-law who noticed that. No proof or evidence of my theory, just a wild thought on my part.

Thanks, Al

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Quite a common practise for companies to intertwine their initials as a company logo so for me just a coincidence. But would be nice if you could find some evidence to link it
    Hi Ben. With the buckle turned upside down (not over) and the point of the shovel facing down, the shovel has the profile of a dreidel. I was not referring to the logo. Just a speculative thought on my part based on my son-in-law's comment.

Thanks, Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2