Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co

Article about: Hi Guys, Just picked this early aluminium buckle up. It's the early type with the FCL logo intertwined, this version of the logo being slightly bigger & slightly further away from the ed

Default RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co

Hi Guys,
    Just picked this early aluminium buckle up. It's the early type with the FCL logo intertwined, this version of the logo being slightly bigger & slightly further away from the edge of buckle (I have noticed the smaller logo being closer to the edge on other examples & surface being smooth, not pebbled). The only difference I can see with mine is that that the rear surface, near the makers mark isn't pebbled, maybe a transitional piece ?
    It weighs 22 grams & has certainly seen a bit of use !
    Cheers
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co   RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co  

RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co  
    Last edited by Pauls1970; 05-18-2022 at 06:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co
    P
    Many

Paul

Great buckle with an early Franke marking, great score
    Ben

?

Great early RAD buckle. Here is a thread with a 1936 example in my collection

Early Franke & Co - 1936

Thank you guys & to Gwar too ! Glad to own this buckle, a representation of an important organisation within Germany during the 30s !
    Cheers
    Paul

?

Happy you were able to get the buckle, and at a good price too !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you G, so glad to have acquired this buckle, your help is very much appreciated !
    Regards
    Paul

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Happy you were able to get the buckle, and at a good price too !!
    Looks like the buckle I sent you sometime back thinking you may be interested in it. Not many of these early RAD Franke around for sale.

?

Jeff, the Dr. Franke you have is a 'Gem', I sold all of my buckles a few years ago now, I recently sold off EVERYTHING else to a private dealer, I do collect rare RAD pics, the Dr. Franke, with their logo, is the first pattern, as I call it, I believe these to be rarer and more sought after IMO
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I book marked the link I sent you. Looks like the same buckle. Glad someone finally bought it, enjoy that one Paul .

Agree G, a very nice RAD to have. Markus has a 1937 example. I actually still have 2 of these early Franke RAD buckles. I should probably sell one, but it would be a difficult choice. On the buckle with the best leather tab the maker mark is not as good. Buckle with best maker mark the tab has more wear and is harder to read

Here is a link with both of them:

Franke & Co - 1936

Jeff

?

Nice buckle with a rare marking. My pebbled DAF has the same mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co   RAD Buckle by Dr Franke & Co  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast