Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Whilhem Binder Rad

Article about: I had a rewarding chat with a fellow WRF member Jeff screen name "Weller" and I would like to share my Whilhelm Binder RaD buckle's and his nice minty "Tabbed" one. It is

?

Default Whilhem Binder Rad

I had a rewarding chat with a fellow WRF member Jeff screen name "Weller" and I would like to share my Whilhelm Binder RaD buckle's and his nice minty "Tabbed" one.
    It is a beauty... I try to buy an example ( of Rad ) to have on hand, then when a better one "Pops up" add that to my collection. His, as I have stated is "Minty" and with a full tab.. Please share if possible
    Jeff...G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whilhem Binder Rad   Whilhem Binder Rad  

Whilhem Binder Rad   Whilhem Binder Rad  

Whilhem Binder Rad  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Whilhem Binder Rad
    P
    Many

?

Nice buckles G...did not know you had two, but no surprise there! OK, by special request the Binder RAD set I picked up a few months back

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whilhem Binder Rad   Whilhem Binder Rad  

?

That is a Really nice fully tabbed and in great condition example. The bonus is as always. The inner sown
    named and Arbt, 1/163... I envy you... Thanks for posting...G
    P.S. Keep hunting...G

?

I am sure you have fully inspected the actual belt. Are there any other markings ?

?

No other markings at all, most likely an unissued set. The named belt is cool. On the other hand, I'll make a good guess that all of those "sold" minty RAD buckles at e-medals are now in your collection Gwar...lol!

?

Some nice buckles. Wouldn't it be great if you could find the sleeve insignia for the same unit.

?

That would be nice to get matching extras. Up next for me is a RAD Hewer blade. I've made great expert dagger contacts here and will find to correct one soon.

Finding the military records of Josef Bach would be great but not easy. I contacted the Military Archives in Freiburg Germany recently about a family member based on a name, picture etc. To my surprise, 3 weeks later I did get a response from a historian there, but a fairly common name is difficult without certain information. If you'd like to see a pic of this family member let me know

Jeff

?

An RAD Hewer is one of my favorite edged weapons. I love the weight of the blade and the stag horn grips. Whittmann has a bunch of them in the $1200-2000. If your patient you might find one for under $1000. I have seen second pattern hangers bring $300+ so if you can get a good price on one with a hanger it would be advantages. Here is my Hewer with a short lived first pattern hanger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whilhem Binder Rad  

?

I do see many RAD blades around, just finding that keeper. Must share this one while appropriate...just out of a US POW camp in 1947 and back with his wife. I have post a postcard from him in English to my great aunt and letter from his daughter when he passed in the 80's etc. Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whilhem Binder Rad  

Some nice buckles there guys, and a maker quite hard to come by
    Ben