MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Custom buckle

Article about: Hi guys can I get your opinions on this. To me it looks ok. My concern is after seeing Kirby's post with the very good fake that this might be one. To do with the stars on front. As always a

?

Default Custom buckle

Hi guys can I get your opinions on this. To me it looks ok. My concern is after seeing Kirby's post with the very good fake that this might be one. To do with the stars on front. As always appreciate your time. Custom buckleCustom buckleCustom buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Custom buckle
    P
    Many

?

The catch doesn't look like it belonged to the buckle. The markings are off center. A thread on WAF says all 39 marked Customs are fake but I don' know that for a fact.

?

No worries. Thanks for that Kirby I'll just leave it. Plenty more to look at and try for.

?

On that note. So they are saying mr Angola is wrong as he has a marked one in his book? Makes it hard when reference books are not correct. Big call.

?

Quote by AllanM View Post
    On that note. So they are saying mr Angola is wrong as he has a marked one in his book? Makes it hard when reference books are not correct. Big call.
    You will find mistakes in Angolia's book as well as Peter Nash's, it is a sad fact.. Study both books carefully and review differences of opinion, thoughts and findings using the search engine. Ben Evans and David North have years of experience including a handful of others right here at your fingertips for answers to most questions regarding these matters.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks very much Gwar. A good thread i think would be known mistakes from both books. Would help newbies like myself who treat them as gospel. Makes it hard and i am looking all the time. Unbelievable amount of fakes and buckles that just seem off out there. I could be posting questions every day! Especially when I am home from sea. Thanks for your comments much appreciated

?

There are marked ones and unmarked ones in Angolia’s second buckle book. The marked one are always FLL. These buckles were only worn on a Brocade belt and the buckle should be sewn on. The keeper with the prongs should be loose and the other keeper should be attached to the buckle. The marking seen to be a little off center. On WAF Wickie says all the 39 marked Customs. I would want to do more research before I bought a 39.

?

Thanks again Kirby really appreciate your sharing of knowledge. Learnt so much already