Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Brocade

Article about: Here is a very nice Luftwaffe brocade with a 2nd pattern buckle. This one is backed in gabardine and other I have owned have had Luftwaffe blue grey wool backing. I have never had one with a

?

Default Luftwaffe Brocade

Here is a very nice Luftwaffe brocade with a 2nd pattern buckle. This one is backed in gabardine and other I have owned have had Luftwaffe blue grey wool backing. I have never had one with a velvet backing but I have come across a few.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Brocade   Luftwaffe Brocade  

Luftwaffe Brocade   Luftwaffe Brocade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Brocade
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Brocade

Here is another one I sold a couple of years ago. This was a Herman Goring size belt. It was around 50 inches long.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Brocade   Luftwaffe Brocade  

Luftwaffe Brocade  

Two very nice buckles Kirby, out of interest is there any time span difference between the Gabadine and wool? Was one used early or later than the other or were both used at the same time etc?
    Ben

?

Ben - think it was the makers choice ,probably what backing materials where available- my thoughts only

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

The back is not so important, the front is allways the same.

Just a thought guys, like everything during the war quality went down and down so just a thought that the gabadine being higher quality was used earlier in the war then as time went by it was replaced by the wool, thats all
    Ben

?

I think it was just a makers choice. The first one has a pig skin adjustment strap so I guess it was from a area that produced a lot of pork. Same thing with pig skin tabs.

I was reading in Angolia's revised edition that dress belts were abolished as of February 12, 1940. He says they were only used on rare occasions after this date.

Cheers Kirby, I will have a read later on when I get in from work, so in effect the quality should be good all round if they stopped in 1940
    Ben