MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes

Article about: Hi, I am asking for an opinion on whether the brocade belt with SS runes and the police belt buckle are ok? I have a little doubt about the belt itself..the stitching seems a little differen

I still have the idea that the brocade with the SS runes is sewn onto a base of another brocade that is a little narrower than it should be. Hence the strange stitching and traces of previous stitching at the buckle. The question is whether it is period or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes
    P
    Many

?

Ya im not sure but I'm not fond of the stiching or backing. Looks sloppy. Just my 2 cents.

Quote by Tomberry View Post
    I am sending 3 more photos for detail. The belt looks original to me compared to the reproductions. But I don't like sewing. It really looks like the belt buckle will move because the holder is longer. The question is whether it could be, for example, a late production, or really a quilted belt. However, I still don't see a reason why anyone would re-stitch the original.
    It has the what I call the gold fleck in the Brocade, something that I have not seen in the fakes as yet. In ref to backing, has it been resewn? Was it a later war one? Was it bad quality, rushed? Who knows . I will keep looking around when time permits at other examples and other fakes
    Ben

?

I see the brocade did sell at Ratisbon auction for 1560 euros +22.5%. I also see a SS brocade with a fake SS buckle sold for 2500 plus the fees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2