Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Political Leader Buckle

Article about: Good Evening everyone, This buckle came with the last auction lot I obtained. I cannot find a belt in there with the corresponding clasp to complete the item. So leads me to be suspicious of

Default Political Leader Buckle

Good Evening everyone,
    This buckle came with the last auction lot I obtained. I cannot find a belt in there with the corresponding clasp to complete the item. So leads me to be suspicious of its authenticity . Please have a look for me.
    Thanks
    Political Leader Buckle Political Leader Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Leader Buckle
    P
    Many

?

The buckle is a good F. L. L. M4/24 =Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Is it a 52 mm or 60 mm ? Smaller size for brocade larger for leather belt .M4 /24 was only maker for brocade belt buckle.

?

Quote by Charlie55 View Post
    Is it a 52 mm or 60 mm ? Smaller size for brocade larger for leather belt .M4 /24 was only maker for brocade belt buckle.
    But there were other makers of the buckle
    The first four that got a special permission to manufacturer the political leaders buckle were
    (mentioned in the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM from August 1939):
    M4/24/1 = Friedrich Linden, Lüdenscheid
    M4/92/2 = Heinrich Ulbrichts ww, Kaufing;
    M4/39/3 = F.W. Assmann & Söhne, Lüdenscheid;
    M4/27/4 = Overhoff & Cie, Lüdenscheid.

Further are anyway known they made the buckle:
    M4/30 = Berg & Nolte, Lüdenscheid;
    M4/22 = C.Th. Dicke, Lüdenscheid;
    M4/23 = Dr. Franke & Co (possibly);
    M4/77 = Gebr.Gloerfeld, Lüdenscheid;
    M4/46 = Wilhelm Schröder, Lüdenscheid;
    M4/87 = Mathias Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt
    Credit: Wim. P.B.R. Saris..

?

The large size buckle worn on the wide brown belt. This is the most common maker but these are more about condition than maker. I mostly see these without the second keeper.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    The large size buckle worn on the wide brown belt. This is the most common maker but these are more about condition than maker. I mostly see these without the second keeper.
    Kirby, member HQ South admittedly knows little about buckles as stated in his own words, I added the maker reference for his benefit so he might better understand the reply of Charlie55's post, although the buckle in 52 mm is for a brocade, there were several makers of this type of buckle in general. G

Thanks for the information. The buckle is 60mm. The only belt in the lot that wide has a open face 2 prong buckle sewn onto it. I will send a pic later.
    Thanks again for the replies. And yes I know little about buckles, but have learned a bit from the people on this site. Much thanks.

Here is a couple pics of the widest belt that I received. I cannot discern any of the markings. The leather is still very supple, it's about 100 to 105 CM.
    Thanks in advance for your info/help.

?

I don’t believe this is a Third Reich period German belt. I don’t recall a German claw buckle with a roller like this. I look through my reprint of the Assmann sales Catalog and didn’t find a buckle like this. Here is a NSDAP belt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Political Leader Buckle  

Thanks for the info. I have been informed now that this is a French WW2 belt. When I looked at the French belts under the equipment forum here, I see several examples of very same type belt. Maybe these pics could be moved to the appropriate forum?
    Thanks again for the Info on the German buckle.
    HQ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast