Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

political leaders brocade buckle advice please

Article about: Gentlemen: Please forgive my ignorance but in thinning out my TR items I noticed on different reliable site(said to be) that one dealer in New England was selling this for \\$800.00, while ano

rhj
    ?

Default political leaders brocade buckle advice please

Gentlemen:
    Please forgive my ignorance but in thinning out my TR items I
    noticed on different reliable site(said to be) that one dealer in New England was selling this for $800.00, while another reliable dealer for $150.00.
    Do I really need to ask which one is mine? I've had a excrementa
    week so far.
    Thanks for your help.
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images political leaders brocade buckle advice please  political leaders brocade buckle advice please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement political leaders brocade buckle advice please
    P
    Many

Default Re: political leaders brocade buckle advice please

Bob
    Its a good one,and $800? I don't think so

The $150 seems about right. M4/72 Wilhelm Deumer, Lüdenscheid

Bob, $800 is a joke, these are quite common and easy to obtain, $150 is a more realistic price
    Ben

I agree - I did see that buckle on that specific site....$800 is total B.S.....and I'm not quoting the sellers initials! (hint hint hahaha).....$150 is about what these are going for. He must have made a mistake on the pricing 'cause that is WAY out in left field! Price was good for a chuckle anyways!

Cheers!
    Rob

The seller at $800 must really have a fondness for his buckle as the price is ridiculous. Political stuff, which I collect, never sells as quickly as military items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob
    You are so right, and for the life of me I do not know why? It has such appeal. IMO
    Get a political flag against a war flag, and the war flag sells everytime? why?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Bob
    You are so right, and for the life of me I do not know why? It has such appeal. IMO
    Get a political flag against a war flag, and the war flag sells everytime? why?
    John-
    Even more encouraging is the political material is faked far less than the military items. That is not to say that there are not fakes. With a decent eye and search on the forums, the fakes are pretty easy to spot. Except for the high end material, the prices are also still reasonable in comparison to SS and Wehrmacht items.

Bob-
    This buckle was not only worn with the embroidered belt but also with the leather service belt.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

yes...I thought the embroidered belt was used with the smaller of the two political leader buckles. I'll have to measure my two examples...I have a smaller one (though well worn) that is quite hard to find. The larger more common examples were used on the leather belt.

Cheers!

Rob