Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please

Article about: Hello Guys, Thanks for the replies and help. No, it's not from a dealer but I like Spencer at Victory...some very nice pieces and fair prices. I'll forward on the concerns. It sounds like th

Default Re: Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the replies and help. No, it's not from a dealer but I like Spencer at Victory...some very nice pieces and fair prices. I'll forward on the concerns. It sounds like there are a few potential red flags and although rare, other brocades without these concerns with likely be offered down the line if one is patient.

Thanks again and best to all.

Adam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please
    P
    Many

great original brocade and buckle, but not for the Deutsche Reichsbahn, but for the Bahnschutz.
    This buckle was introduced not earlier then early 1939 (noted in "Schwert und Spaten", number 2
    from 1939. It was noted to be worn from Bahnschutzführer with the rank of Musikzugführer
    (bandmaster) up through and including Bahnbevollmächtigte from aluminium Tresse. Ranks higher
    then that did wear the Tresse in golden.
    Actually they were not worn with many occasions and when the war started, wearing ended anyway in
    about 1942.

Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions PleaseReichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions PleaseReichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions PleaseReichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions PleaseI thought I would show a very rare Reichsbahn/Bahnschutz Vice Presidents buckle that I once owned.

?

Is this the one that popped up on Ebay? I think you got to the seller before me. A great set.

Kirby,

Yes that is the one. I could not believe it when I saw it on eBay and at a really great "buy it now price" It ended up in a good friend of mine's collection when I sold off my collection.

Bill

The golden buckle should be attached to a golden brocade (see my post where I explain aluminum and/or gold). What I see here seems an aluminum brocade, or is it caused by the photographing that it looks so "pale". The buckle looks also quite "pale"?

The buckle is definetly a fire gilded gold finish on a steel/nickel , not aluminum. As to the brocade I will hve to acceopt your opinion , but the buckle came attechedc to the brocade shown

Bill

reading again the regulation I found out I made a mistake. The brocade is with all occasions from aluminum
    I did not read well and mixed up the colors for the buckles. So it is okay! Sorry!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2