Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Images of two original ET SS decals

Article about: Been raining all day here. Nothing else to do but play with my photo shop program. I finally figured out how to "split screen". Anyway...two ET decals, the nicer one on the left is

MAP
    ?

Lol Dan. How true. We are a bunch of geeks
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Images of two original ET SS decals
    P
    Many

Quote by real steel View Post
    Here is a "decent" repro known as the "sharp edge ET". Notice the tips of the runes are pointy & sharp ? Real ET decals have softer, blunter edges.But not a bad repro. See how the bottom runes are in line ? Nice try. These go back to the late 70's , early 80's
    When this was first posted i thought it had a good chance at being genuine
    (ignoring the suspicious red and white medic colours).
    The shield tip and the breaks are not quite right either and the sizing of the border and runes too.
    Quite a challenging one though (for me anyway).
    Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    When this was first posted i thought it had a good chance at being genuine
    (ignoring the suspicious red and white medic colours).
    The shield tip and the breaks are not quite right either and the sizing of the border and runes too.
    Quite a challenging one though (for me anyway).
    Nick
    If that decal Nick were on a less dramatic helmet, like a plain no decal M42...might fool quite a few

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I can just imagine some German graphic artist rolling in his/her grave at the minutiae we now scrutinize ....ha, ha

They probably NEVER even knew that the left was higher!!! ( the QC inspectors didn't )
    Guess one could consider all this somewhat of a bit of insanity. However, these Minutiae details can save a collector from a $6K mistake

Quote by real steel View Post
    Here is a "decent" repro known as the "sharp edge ET". Notice the tips of the runes are pointy & sharp ? Real ET decals have softer, blunter edges.But not a bad repro. See how the bottom runes are in line ? Nice try. These go back to the late 70's , early 80's
    Good to see that they slapped this fake decal on the much loved medics helmet as well. That's never going to be given much scrutiny at all is it!! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2