Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M35 decals doubts

Article about: Dear all, I would like to kindly ask some info on this decal (Eagle) that has a sign that I cannot understand. I am posting these pictures and cannot understand for example the circled signe

Default M35 decals doubts

Dear all,

I would like to kindly ask some info on this decal (Eagle) that has a sign that I cannot understand. I am posting these pictures and cannot understand for example the circled signed that looks like a “feathet” in that corner. What could be so defined and precise? It doesn’t look a crust or ruined part. Also how is it possible having still the tricolor decal after 1940 order to remove it...it could be possible having kept it but on original apple green...here they applied feldgrau for the same order. So strange they applied one order but still the tricolor applied...what do you think ? And does it looks aged and authentic ? Many thanks everyone !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 decals doubts
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Luca,

I can't see any photos

Please look at this tutorial if you are having problems. Please upload the photos to the forum and do not use photo hosting sites.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

If this helmet is an M35 there are thousands upon thousands of surviving examples that still have the double decal. While the order was given to remove the National Shield it wasn't always followed. Now if your M35 has the darker feldgrau paint....we would need to see photos as that would suggest it was depot repainted/ factory refurbished at which time the National Shield should have been removed or painted over.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi,

Not sure if you posted the photo yet but I cannot see them. Thanks to MAP, here is a guide to posting pictures that will assist you:

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Although the order was given to remove the decal it wasn't necessarily followed. I have a relic M35 DD at home and have read that sometimes soldiers who had long service liked to keep them as a symbol of seniority.

Andy

- - ------- - -

MAP! You're too quick!

Andy