Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original? Double Decal helmet of the Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi to everyone on the Helmet Decal part to this excellent forum. I have learned so much about caps on the cloth headgear part of the forum. Now I am interested to learn about decals on WWII

Default Original? Double Decal helmet of the Luftwaffe

Hi to everyone on the Helmet Decal part to this excellent forum. I have learned so much about caps on the cloth headgear part of the forum. Now I am interested to learn about decals on WWII helmets.

I have seen this helmet for sale for a considerable amount & I was wondering if the decals are original to it or if indeed they are of recent application. It is said to be an Original Double Decal German helmet Q64 of the Luftwaffe world war 2 with head liner.

I would be interested to see the opinion of someone more experienced on this one. I saw this helmet a while ago but due to the almost immaculate look of the decals I decided best to steer clear as I look for signs of usual wear & tear / ageing to help me filter out the wrong ones. Always appreciative of the interesting & informative views of the very experienced & knowledgable members of this forum, Kind Regards.

Original? Double Decal helmet of the LuftwaffeOriginal? Double Decal helmet of the LuftwaffeOriginal? Double Decal helmet of the LuftwaffeOriginal? Double Decal helmet of the LuftwaffeOriginal? Double Decal helmet of the LuftwaffeOriginal? Double Decal helmet of the LuftwaffeOriginal? Double Decal helmet of the Luftwaffe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original? Double Decal helmet of the Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

The pictures are low resolution so it is difficult to authenticate the decals. However, i would not expect a national decal on an M40 Quist helmet with this Lot number.
    They are seen very rarely on an M40, and with a lower lot number.
    nick

Yes, sorry about the low resolution of the pictures. My immediate gut feeling is that this helmet has been resprayed, if you look you can see a rough finish which looks like a bad paint job rather than rust coming through. Then they’ve simply applied a reproduction eagle of the Luftwaffe decal & possibly painted in the National colours decal on the opposite side.

Yes, i think you may be right on the paint - it does not have the normal fine sandpaper look to it - but looks more like a paint job over a helmet that had already suffered some degradation or rust. Best to avoid this one.
    nick

It is all about getting good photos to make a discussion meaningful.
    You ask about decals but do not post close ups.
    Just going by these photos it does not look like a helmet worth persueing.

Apologies for the pictures once again. These are just what the seller has provided. I will ask for close-ups of the decals.

Thanks, Alexander.