Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?

Article about: Good evening. Perhaps someone could help me with this decal?! I don't know what to think about it... Thank you in advance. Best regards Thomas

Default SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?

Good evening.
    Perhaps someone could help me with this decal?!
    I don't know what to think about it...
    Thank you in advance.

Best regards Thomas

SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?
    P
    Many

Terrible photos; when posting a lid for discussion please try and include maker, batch, photos of entire helmet, decal straight on, natural light no flash, etc.

My amateur eyes say this is no good simply because the runes intersect the shield bottom right, not a decal maker I’m familiar with.

MAP
    ?

This type should never be on an M42. That right there should stop the analysis .

But for kicks...if we were to look at this decal? I have only seen one (owned by a member here) and the photos you provided are completely different.
    Last edited by MAP; 03-16-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Typo - auto correct hell
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Bill has one on his site, here is the photo.
    As Michael has stated - you would never see this on an M42.

SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?

Nick

Here is one (essentially identical to the one on Billy S.'s site) with a real "mirror runic" shield, of Austrian manufacture. The mirror runic shield that started the thread is not real. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?   SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?  

SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?   SS M 42 hkp Mirror Decal genuine?