Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Deutsche Jungvolk Knife

Article about: Hi, I recently purchased this knife. Can anyone please tell me if they think it's genuine. The swastika diamond moves when poked. TIA Bill

With the current lack of outside activities, for a fun and profitable way to create some more fakes - all you need is one of those postwar small aluminum hilted knives, an HJ hat pin original or reproduction (your choice), and a drill. Drill a couple of holes in the scabbard (and through the liner) and you are in business. The picture here showing just that with the very rarely seen fake inverted RZM marking. Or you do it the way the original decades old fakes were made by grinding off the mouthpiece rivet, drilling the holes, and then reinstalling the mouthpiece with a new rivet and touching up the paint - It's still a fake but that is all that is needed to pass the "wiggle test". (Or the lazy way with a glue or epoxy that does not pass the test). Please Note: My remarks are intended to be factious, not to encourage somebody to actually increase the numbers of fakes that collectors have to deal with. Best Regards, Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images Deutsche Jungvolk Knife  Deutsche Jungvolk Knife 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Jungvolk Knife
    P
    Many

I think it's fake. This thread pretty much proves it. Thanks to all for your input

Klaas catalogue sheet of the HJ and Jungvolk Fahrtenmesser

Has to be fake who would give small kiddies DJ a knife with stabbing point!?! HJ didn't have one!!!

Thankyou Morris and Fred for supporting this thread and the issues with this type knife.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Like Fred and others I believe the DJ knife is a fake type invented by certain dealer in the 1960's. The fact is I've never seen one advertised in a TR era catalogue and as Gerrit showed in some maker catalogues, the HJ knife is advertised for "HJ & DJ". These knives are very likely post war variations for camping purposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2