Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German 'Blut und Ehre' Dagger

Article about: I've had this dagger for a few years now. I reckon it's a good one, but need someone with more knowledge than me to confirm that it is.

?

Default German 'Blut und Ehre' Dagger

I've had this dagger for a few years now. I reckon it's a good one, but need someone with more knowledge than me German 'Blut und Ehre' DaggerGerman 'Blut und Ehre' DaggerGerman 'Blut und Ehre' DaggerGerman 'Blut und Ehre' DaggerGerman 'Blut und Ehre' Daggerto confirm that it is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German 'Blut und Ehre' Dagger
    P
    Many

Looks a later period knife by Gerbruder Bell but someone has had a go at hand engraving the blade motto (originals were etched) regards Paul

It’s original but it does appear that someone has gone over the etched quotation with something to highlight where it was indistinct.

?

Hi Paul. Could it just be the reflection from a crappy photo?

- - ------- - -

Thanks for your observation

New one for me...the only later period Gebr. Bell I have seen is that its dated 1939 beneath the RZM number and with no motto at all.

The motto is a recent Hack job. Anderson and the HJ collectors will confirm.
    The exclamation point is a dead giveaway as well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I agree with Larry's opinion. The motto is added and it is very bad. I think the top of the scabbard is also not the right shape.

Georgi.

?

Well Georgi the rounded scabbard tip points out towards the Eickhorn Company they produced a more rounded tip

Ger

German 'Blut und Ehre' Dagger