Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

German NSDSTB student youth knife

Article about: by Wagriff Why, I can't Imagine which dealer you're talking about, Fred.... *cough* *cough* *cough* In this particular case think of the opposite of the West Coast. *cough* Fred

?

Opened and the knife which was under the x-rays..The sign is also from the student's badge. Photos of both signs..There was no sign of the student on the knives of the Hitler youth!
    German NSDSTB student youth knifeGerman NSDSTB student youth knifeGerman NSDSTB student youth knifeGerman NSDSTB student youth knifeGerman NSDSTB student youth knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German NSDSTB student youth knife
    P
    Many

Very Interesting Ollar ..this thread will continue and looking forward to the HJ Gents thoughts on this.
    WOW !!

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice piece of investigative work Ollar. The badges certainly show amateurish additions of "wings" to secure the badge in the grip plate. It is unbelievable a Solingen blade maker would have constructed a knife with that shoddy badge. So I think the mounting evidence of post war interference/ modification of HJ knives by someone, is overwhelming. Is this the last nail in the NSDSTB youth knife coffin?

?

Yes, the nail is fixed well ! I'm more interested in another aspect of this case. I understand that the original sign could have been taken out as Nazi. In ancient times..But why insert the student sign now?.if this is in doubt for all collectors!! You can easily insert the usual Hitler youth sign on the same brazed mustache!! and there will be no suspicion! The student's sign did not increase the price of the knife..even reduced it!! Paradox..

?

Great work ollar !, just shows us all how these knifes were messed about with post war to con people into thinking these were period knifes, even standard hj knifes were messed with due to being denazified, i suppose its a better way to insert the diamond back into the griplate by shortening the 2 tangs rather than glueing them in, thanks for your interesting pix & opinion.

Regards Mac 66

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7