Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help! Hitler Youth Knife Authentication

Article about: I’ve been thinking about purchasing one of these Hitler Youth Knives but I’m not sure if they’re original. The scabbard tip looks fake one the right one but I’m not too sure. Thanks

Question Help! Hitler Youth Knife Authentication

I’ve been thinking about purchasing one of these Hitler Youth Knives but I’m not sure if they’re original. The scabbard tip looks fake one the right one but I’m not too sure. Thanks in advance

Help! Hitler Youth Knife AuthenticationHelp! Hitler Youth Knife AuthenticationHelp! Hitler Youth Knife AuthenticationHelp! Hitler Youth Knife Authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Hitler Youth Knife Authentication
    P
    Many

Really should have a separate thread for each. There were some scabbards with a more rounded tip, like the one on the left and the one on the right has a fairly usual tip. But I 'd like to see the back of those scabbards. Not sure that scabbard on the left is an Eickhorn one either, may be swapped. It appears there is no maker marks on the knife at the right. I personally would go for the Eickhorn everyday.

Thanks for the help I’ll be sure to make a separate post with more photos

?

Well the rounded tip of the scabbard is a typical Eickhorn feature so that fits the 41 Eickhorn knife, although i have never seen on a 41 Eickhorn such a bad alligment on the reverse gripplate.
    The knife on the right side shows a very late strap, with the artificial bubbling leather, that bubbling pattern is original on very late knife, and these very late knives sometimes bear a inkstamped logo, which in a lot of cases is that worn that they dont even show.

My 2 cents, both very late original knives, the Eickhorn a textbook one.

Ger

Thank you so much. If you don’t mind me asking how common are unmarked Hitler youth knives?

Not that uncommon with the late period knives with ricasso. Probably date in that 1940/41 period.