Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitler Youth Knife

Article about: Hello forum users. I bouth the knife from the action today and I would ike to hear your opinion. Thank you.

?

Hey guys - I will agree I am no “super fan” of buying daggers & knives at auction …too many variables that one best discovers when the item is in the hand. However, I’ve certainly thrown caution to the wind on occasion when the price was right (a low bid win and big gamble) …luck was on my side (lol!! ).
    That said, I am pretty sure I have seen one of these dated 1936, but can’t find a photo reference at the moment. It doesn’t look like a new leather buffer to me, and I just disagree with Anderson, but am willing to be the lone wolf here …it is my opinion that this is good - that’s all. This manufacturer is explored starting on page 269 of Nathan Hogle’s book (vol I) on HJ knives, and in the text he mentions that “several 1936 versions have been observed” (bottom of page 269). Sidenote - I recently shared some pics of an HJ knife I wasn’t familiar with to LAKESIDE TRADER and got a nice response. That’s another source of info for data point point. Cheers, Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife
    P
    Many

?

So searching the forum wehrmacht awards .com showed a posting for this one. One of the members produced photos of m7/14. 1936 marked and indicated very rare but authentic. So again I am learning more. According to that forum original and rare.

Tim.

Tim could you provide a link to that WAF Thread ?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Tim could you provide a link to that WAF Thread ?

Best Larry
    Hi Larry. Here's the link:

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    -TJ-

i see no problem with this knife

Here's the problem I see. It's related to the etching of the RZM logo and motto. I haven't been able to find another 1936 example but in this 1937 version the etching is significantly different (better) in the 1937 example. Note the wider line of the inner circle for the RZM logo in the 1937 example. This is in line with what is usually seen with the early transitional ones. The 1936 example has an etched logo that would be correct for 1939/40 perhaps. Quality of the etching of the 1936 example is lower than we see in the 1937 knife.

Hitler Youth KnifeHitler Youth KnifeHitler Youth Knife

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2