Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Knife Parts ?

Article about: Hello Everyone Recently come across an apparent Hitler Jugend dagger/tool for sale on an internet auction. I've very new to collecting so just after some pointers. It obviously doesn't have

Default Hitler Youth Knife Parts ?

Hello Everyone

Recently come across an apparent Hitler Jugend dagger/tool for sale on an internet auction.

I've very new to collecting so just after some pointers.

It obviously doesn't have the red and while diamond shape in the handle which raised alarm bells but I wasnt sure if maybe the early ones didn't have this feature?

Also another "flag" was that both sides of the handle grip are different,one bakolite? the other appears wooden?

Am I looking at a very poor replica or somthing different?

All pointers and clues are much appreciated from your members who are a wealth of knowledge.

Many ThanksHitler Youth Knife Parts ?Hitler Youth Knife Parts ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife Parts ?
    P
    Many

Looks original but severely mucked around grip plates have been off , should be riveted not screwed all enamel missing from the badge mish mash of grip plates! I suppose the question is when was it done? I would leave well alone unless dirt cheap, regards Paul

I would wait for a better example. There are too many issues with this dagger. grips, emblem, scabbard...

Don't waste your money..

If you are new collector, I strongly suggest that you get some reference books before investing large amounts of cash in this field of collecting. best advice I can give a new collector wanting to start in the area of Third Reich...

Smitty

Agree. These are bad photos but probably authentic but in very poor condition. The grip plates did break in HJ use and were repaired but it's anyone's guess when this was done to this knife. Metal parts look like they've been sanded down by the seller. I also would avoid this, it's not a knife worth having.